Why many youths in Borno participate in politics because of money? | Debate

Topic location: Debate home » All Debates » Debate Section
Usman Abba Zanna
Usman Abba Zanna Dec 30 '17

This is large group of youths pouncing on political figure's car, yelling for money on Thursday when the governor of Borno to present the 2018 budget. 
Share:
Abdulhamid Al-Gazali
It appears there are a lot of factors but almost all are the creation of those in position of power.
Mohammed Ali
Mohammed Ali Jan 1

Quote from Abdulhamid Al-Gazali It appears there are a lot of factors but almost all are the creation of those in position of power.
when you say alot, its an understatement sir ..
Sheikh Abdallah Yerwama
We are our own masters, until we create a road, there will never be a road. A friend while discussing this and other social issues in Borno opined that we have reached our peak of civilization, hence the present quagmire.

What are the way forward to our youth? Most if not All that bravely left Borno to seek for greener and better life outside our borders are now successful - this confirms a popular saying in Kanuri, "Yerwa tadanz3 waz3na, sai tada kama" so, don't be surprised if someone from Jo's is ferried, accommodated and smiles to the bank in Maiduguri while all our youth can do is create majlis under new tree and analyze the speedometer of Kadiri Rahis new acquired Cadillac SUV. 

For me, if you are jobless, unfortunately most of them are not here, is for you to silently leave Maiduguri and seek a better life out. 

If you think Government, the Government that left Maiduguri International Hotel, Borno Wire Industries, Neital Shoes Tenney, Borno Plastic to rot to create jobs for our youth, then fatarabbasu. 

Am I talking too much? 
Usman Abba Zanna
Don't you think many people have little knowledge on civic education, particularly youths, and people that know share not?
Usman Abba Zanna
Quote from Sheikh Abdallah Yerwama We are our own masters, until we create a road, there will never be a road. A friend while discussing this and other social issues in Borno opined that we have reached our peak of civilization, hence the present quagmire.

What are the way forward to our youth? Most if not All that bravely left Borno to seek for greener and better life outside our borders are now successful - this confirms a popular saying in Kanuri, "Yerwa tadanz3 waz3na, sai tada kama" so, don't be surprised if someone from Jo's is ferried, accommodated and smiles to the bank in Maiduguri while all our youth can do is create majlis under new tree and analyze the speedometer of Kadiri Rahis new acquired Cadillac SUV. 

For me, if you are jobless, unfortunately most of them are not here, is for you to silently leave Maiduguri and seek a better life out. 

If you think Government, the Government that left Maiduguri International Hotel, Borno Wire Industries, Neital Shoes Tenney, Borno Plastic to rot to create jobs for our youth, then fatarabbasu. 

Am I talking too much? 
Not really, I love your argument.
Mohammed Ali
Mohammed Ali Jan 2

Quote from Sheikh Abdallah Yerwama We are our own masters, until we create a road, there will never be a road. A friend while discussing this and other social issues in Borno opined that we have reached our peak of civilization, hence the present quagmire.
Am I talking too much? 

Yunusabz
Yunusabz Jan 2
Nice
Abdulhamid Al-Gazali

Am I talking too much? 
Honestly this too long lol. Reason I love Twitter.
Siddiq
Siddiq Jan 3

Am I talking too much? 
I agree with some of your point, particularly the weak government that doesn't believe in developing and patronizing what it owns but rather depends on what outsiders will bring in. 

But I most say I don't agree with your idea that, if one wants to succeed most go out of here to seek for a greener pastures like others do, remember the Hausa saying that "idan wani yayi rawa ya samu kudi, wani idan yayi duka zai sha". 

Many people had succeed here in Borno State, and for those that did not, for I me I think, they didn't took the right step. Our people doesn't have the spirit and patience of growing a business but rather look for ready-made job (cooked food). 

Siddiq
Siddiq Jan 3

Quote from Usman Abba Zanna

This is large group of youths pouncing on political figure's car, yelling for money on Thursday when the governor of Borno to present the 2018 budget. 
Sometimes it is not just about seeking for money to be thrown from the window, because I cannot remember seeing Gov. Kashim or his entourage spraying money for thugs like SAS used to. It has just become a political culture for youth to be seen storming into politician's cars yelling unnecessarily in the name of displaying support. 
Usman Abba Zanna
This type of arguments will not reach conclusive for its nature ambiguous, but I wanted someone to develop more like a model or alike that can campaign revolutionise mindset of youths to politics.